Vernalization is a process where seeds are kept cold and dark to promote and synchronize germination. I usually allow my plants to vernalize for 2-4 days, whatever is best so that I can go hiking or skiing in the weekends.
- I don't mind working in the weekends, but I do mind going to university on a Saturday only to move my plants.
Yesterday, for the first time in my history as an Arabidopsis-grower, I forgot to move my plants to the growth room. After working with my EiT group all day at the hospital, I went back to university to say hi to a friend and then I went home - to finish my last part on the salmon report for EiT. I worked until 9 pm and never thought about the plants until the next morning.
I got that kind of "panicky" feeling that comes when you think you've messed up in the lab (if you're an MSc) and sent a "oh no, the world is going under"-text to my supervisor (at 7.50 am).
He replied: that's probably ok
...So, now I'm going over to move those plants before I meet the EiT group and try to think before I panic in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment