Monday, 30 April 2012

Flipboard

My iPhone recently came back from repair and I took the opportunity to check out some new apps. Somehow I stumbled upon Flipboard and I've been using it a lot since the download. In case you haven't tried it yet - you should!

Flipboard is a "social magazine" that allows you to choose and sort all kinds of news feeds. This is a screen shot from my own flipboard.
I've selected my twitter feed and a broad selection of "sciency" and geeky stuff, along with the occasional newspaper. This is great way to make your interests more accessible. It's easy to use and looks cool, and that's about what I'm going to say - just try it.

I spent a lot of time flipping around my flipboard today as I was stuck in a hopelessly time-wasting lecture -if you can call it a lecture when the prof reads aloud slides that are copy-paste from the book. I couldn't get myself to run off in the breaks (what if he suddenly said something important?) so I ended up with Flipboard. Pure luck!

In the end I used the lecture to read a blog post at Respectful Insolence (part of Scienceblogs) called Preclinical research has a problem, but that doesn't mean religion is better. I don't have time to say much about it in this post, but if you haven't read it, I recommend that you do. It made all the time I wasted on that lecture well worth it - and I never would have found it without Flipboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment