Thursday, 16 February 2012

Stay away - student has not been fed today!

I've been doing my flow cytometry experiments 3 times a week for 3 weeks now, and have learned one major thing: I've got to stop eating.

From what I hear, lunch is not compatible with most protocols. I'm lucky though, as mine usually leaves me about 20 minutes to sit down and eat something around 2.30.
It's a looong time since breakfast but the day is so busy that I'm just not bothered by the aching stomach.

My hunger usually sets in when I get home around 6. By then I'm a hungry, evil, monster that should not be approached by anyone - and definitely not talked to. There's only one way to avoid the danger: head straight for the fridge.

Unfortunately my boyfriend don't always see the warning signs, but lately he's got a very effective tactic. He gets home late. So late in fact, that we don't bother making dinner.
The idea seems to be: eat breakfast (if you have time), try get lunch, don't bother about dinner.
Therefore I've concluded I should just do the thing properly and stop eating.
Think about how much time I'll save?
It's simply brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment